WBC Super Welterweight Tony Harrison & Former Champion Jermell Charlo Headline FOX PBC Fight Night & on FOX Deportes Saturday, December 21 from Toyota Arena in Ontario, California
ONTARIO, Calf. (December 11, 2019) – WBC Super Welterweight Champion Tony “Superbad” Harrison and former champion Jermell Charlo continued their heated war of words while previewing their highly anticipated rematch on “PBC FACE TO FACE” this past Saturday on FOX. The title showdown headlines FOX PBC Fight Night and on FOX Deportes Saturday, December 21 from Toyota Arena in Ontario, California.
Catch the next airings of this episode Thursday, December 12 at 11 p.m. ET and Saturday, December 14 at 5:30 p.m. ET on FS1 and Friday, December 13 at 9:30 a.m. ET and 1:00 p.m. ET on FS2.
With their rematch set to take place almost one year after their first battle, Harrison and Charlo have kept up the animosity that has boiled ever since their controversial first meeting.
“There’s not a drop of love in my heart for him,” said Harrison “There’s a lot of animosity and there’s only one way to settle it. That’s fighting. I’m the most dangerous guy in the division. I’m 6’1, super-fast, strong and I have all the attributes of a guy no one wants to fight.”
“He’s a fraud,” said Charlo. “He manipulated the system and he isn’t the real champ like I am. I’m the real champion and it will take me going in there and showing why I am the champ. I get to do that on December 21.”
The rematch was originally set to take place in June, before Harrison was forced to withdraw from the fight due to an ankle injury. Charlo went on to knockout Jorge Cota in the main event on FOX June 23. The rematch that didn’t happen has been its’ own saga and only added to the rivalry.
“He wasn’t really injured, we’re all boxers and we all go through things,” said Charlo. “It’s a wear and tear sport. It puts a lot on our mind and on our bodies. If you don’t do it the right way, it’s going to tear you down. Maybe he used the smallest excuse and used it to get him out of the fight. There’s no easy routes in this thing. When you’re at the top, you have to fight.”
“For me, everything happens for a reason,” said Harrison. “Whatever the reason was, I just answered back and said I’ll do better and make the turnaround from it. I never questioned it. I knew my heart wanted to go and keep fighting. It told me to go beat him, because he’s not what he says he is. But my brother and my dad told me that if you’re not 100 percent, no one will want to hear the excuses If you let him beat you.”
Having already squared off at four press conference and multiple “FACE TO FACE” tapings, Harrison and Charlo have had plenty of opportunities for mental battles in anticipation of their encounters in the ring.
“This is going to be easy because I’m already in his head,” said Harrison. “I think he’s trying to figure out what he has to do different to beat me. I’ve got the mental battle won. I have him all riled up, now it’s just about capitalizing.
“I’m living rent free in that head,” added Harrison. “He’s mentally weak. Period. He’s emotional. He fears me and he fears everything about me. He knows I’m a threat. He likes the way I walk. He likes everything about me. He likes the way I talk what I talk.”
“This energy he’s portraying isn’t really him,” said Charlo. “I know something about you. They made you up to be this clown. You have a different animal in front of you now. This won’t be the same Jermell Charlo on December 21. The good thing is, I get a chance to show you and everyone that night.
“I’m a passionate person,” continued Charlo. “I’m a winner. When they took that one from me, of course a passionate person is going to have a different reaction than he would have had. I found out where your heart was. I’ve been able to make more investment into myself to destroy you ever since then.”
With their high-stakes rematch just around the corner, Harrison and Charlo gave their final thoughts on how the second fight will look, and how they will put themselves in position for a career-defining victory.
‘I don’t like ‘phony’ Harrison,” said Charlo. “It’s easy to explain why the rematch will be different. I’m knocking him out. I can’t let them judges make any decisions. That’s what I need. He’s going to sleep. Cold.”
“I’m a better athlete than Jermell Charlo and I will beat this man at anything we do,” said Harrison. “I know in my heart I would never lose to a sucker and he’s a sucker. As long as he’s walking this earth, there’s nothing he can do to beat me. I’m going to dominate this man. I just want to beat him 12 rounds like he stole something.”
ABOUT HARRISON VS. CHARLO II
Harrison vs. Charlo II will see the highly anticipated rematch between WBC Super Welterweight Champion Tony “Superbad” Harrison and former world champion Jermell Charlo headlining the FOX PBC Fight Night and on FOX Deportes Saturday, December 21 from Toyota Arena in Ontario, California.
Televised coverage begins at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT and features former world champions Guillermo Rigondeaux and Liborio Solis fighting for the vacant WBA Bantamweight World title and rising heavyweight sensation Efe Ajagba taking on Iago Kiladze in a 10-round opening attraction.
Tickets for the event, which is promoted by Lions Only Promotions and TGB Promotions, are on sale now and can be purchased at the Toyota Arena box office and Ticketmaster.com.
Viewers can live stream the PBC shows on the FOX Sports and FOX NOW apps or at FOXSports.com. In addition, all programs are available on FOX Sports on SiriusXM channel 83 on satellite radios and on the SiriusXM app.
For more information: visit www.premierboxingchampions.com, http://www.foxsports.com/presspass/homepage and www.foxdeportes.com, follow on Twitter @PremierBoxing, @PBConFOX, @FOXSports, @FOXDeportes, @TGBPromotions, and @Swanson_Comm or become a fan on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/PremierBoxingChampions, www.facebook.com/foxsports & www.facebook.com/foxdeportes.
Stater Bros. Charities and Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling Give Back to Military Families
Stater Bros. Charities, the philanthropic arm of Stater Bros. Markets, partnered with Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling again this year for their Give Back program during National Military Appreciation Month. The program ran for the entire month of May, during which Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling committed to donating $0.25 per eligible product purchased to the Bob Hope USO. Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling donated $15,000, and Stater Bros. Charities matched their donation for a total contribution of $30,000.
A check presentation occurred during a K-EARTH 101 radiothon benefiting the Bob Hope USO. The radiothon took place at the Bob Hope USO at LAX (Los Angeles International Airport) on June 29, 2023, where Stater Bros. Charities and Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling presented Bob Hope USO with a $30,000 check.
Bob Hope USO’s mission is to strengthen America’s military service members by keeping them connected to family, home and country, throughout their service to the nation. The Give Back program is a unique opportunity to show gratitude and support to the brave men and women who risk their lives for our freedoms and to care for their families while they are away from home on deployment.
“Stater Bros. Markets has a long history of supporting veterans, service members, and their families,” said Danielle Oehlman, Director, Stater Bros. Charities. “We are so pleased to partner with our friends at Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling and the USO to give back to those who have given so much for us.”
Lorin Stewart, President, USO West Region, said, “We are deeply grateful to Stater Bros. Charities and Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling for being sustaining partners of the USO. The Give Back program embodies the essence of the USO mission by enabling the community at large to come together to support and give thanks to our armed forces and their brave military families in an impactful way.”
Funds will support the Bob Hope USO and USO San Diego Center operations, including programs and services that strengthen the social, mental, physical, and emotional well-being of local military service members, their families, and their communities.
BDK Logistics Intelligence Fully Leases 114,190 SF Industrial Facility in Corona, CA
Cushman & Wakefield represents landlord in lease in SoCal’s Inland Empire
Cushman & Wakefield announced that BDK Logistics Intelligence, Inc. has signed a lease for an entire 114,190-square-foot industrial facility at 1161 Olympic Drive in Corona, California. Situated in Southern California’s renowned Inland Empire, the building is owned by Monterey Rancho Mirage, LLC, which was represented by Brett Lockwood and Rick Ellison of Cushman & Wakefield in the transaction.
“We are pleased to welcome BDK to the property as a quality industrial tenant that is expanding its presence in the market, which it also currently occupies multiple warehouse facilities,” said Director Brett Lockwood. “Our client was instrumental in helping this deal transact as there were many variables that needed to be navigated which led to this lease coming together quickly and successfully.”
1161 Olympic Drive is a quality freestanding building situated on ±4.8 acres and features 20 dock high loading doors. The property is conveniently located off Interstate 15 near the confluence of SR 91 and is proximate to the extensive freeway network traversing the entire Greater Los Angeles region and into other major markets in and out of state.
According to Cushman & Wakefield’s latest Q2-2023 quarterly report, the Inland Empire industrial market posted an overall vacancy of 3.4% and has recorded more than 2.7 million square feet of positive net absorption through the first half of 2023.
Hernandez resigns as County CEO; Snoke will continue filling in pending Board action
Leonard X. Hernandez resigned from the post of County Chief Executive Officer effective today. County Chief Operating Officer Luther Snoke has been filling in for Hernandez while Hernandez has been on leave and will continue to do so. The Board of Supervisors will act to appoint an interim or permanent CEO shortly.
“The Board of Supervisors appreciates the service Leonard provided to the public and the County organization, especially as we navigated our way through the pandemic and other very difficult challenges,” said Board of Supervisors Chair Dawn Rowe.
Hernandez provided the following statement:
“It has been an extreme privilege to serve as the Chief Executive Officer of San Bernardino County. I am thankful to the Board of Supervisors for their leadership and the hard-working men and women who do amazing work every day. Due to an urgent family health issue that requires my immediate and undivided attention, I have informed the Board of my resignation. Under the strong leadership of the Board of Supervisors and the County’s executive team, the County will continue doing great things for the residents of San Bernardino County.”
“The Board of Supervisors is committed to a seamless transition in staff leadership with no interruption in County services or impact on County residents or employees,” Rowe said. “Luther has performed well filling in for Leonard and I am confident in his ability to continue serving in this role until the Board takes action.”
By Press Release10 months ago
Ontario Apartment Community Trades or $50.5 Million
Business11 months ago
Thoughts on Financial Literacy Explained through the Experiences of a New, Immigrant Small Business Owner
By Press Release10 months ago
R.D. Olson Construction Begins Work on Emporia Place in Ontario
By Press Release10 months ago
SRS Real Estate Partners’ National Net Lease Group Completes $3.3 Million Ground Lease Sale of a McDonald’s-Occupied Property Near Temecula, CA for a 3.48% Cap Rate
By Press Release10 months ago
Hanley Investment Group Arranges Pre-Sale of New Dutch Bros Coffee Drive-Thru in Riverside County, Calif., for $1.9 Million
By Press Release10 months ago
New McDonald’s Restaurant Opening In Indio CA!